Working at Walker Industries
Walker Industries believes in developing the skills and competencies of employees. Emphasis is placed on learning a variety of jobs and on Health and Safety and Environmental training. Training sessions, seminars or courses may be offered when applicable to an employee’s current position, next logical position or long-term career goals.
Mentoring and Coaching
Walker Industries is committed to an environment that attracts, motivates and recognizes high performance people. To that end, during your career at Walker Industries, you may be afforded the opportunity to participate in our mentoring and/or coaching programs as you progress.
Scholarships for Employee’s Children
The Shareholders of Walker Industries generously sponsor a scholarship that is awarded annually, by lottery, for
- a first year student entering into post-secondary education to study a trade or course in a Community College
- a first year student entering into post-secondary education, leading to a degree from a University.
Walker Industries offers a comprehensive medical coverage program and a wide range of benefit programs to help you achieve your goals. We recognize the demands of family responsibility and we’ll help you find ways to balance the demands of work with your personal life.
- Walker Industries Healthcare includes medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage – it’s through our group medical insurance plan that we meet the health coverage needs of our employees and their family members.
- Walker Industries’ Employee and Family Assistance program (EFAP) can help you connect with experienced counsellors who can assist in sorting out complicated work/life matters with information, resources and advice. You can access this program independently, with complete confidentiality. Services include: Parenting Assistance, Child Care Assistance, Counselling on Education and Careers, Elder Care Assistance, Legal and Financial Information Services, Addiction Assistance
- Walker Industries offers many other Wellness Programs to promote health in the workplace including nutrition, smoking cessation, wellness clinics and heart healthy information.
Visit our Careers page to view current career opportunities.