Amherst Quarries HeaderAmherst Quarry

History

Amherst Quarry, located in the historic township of Amherstburg Ontario, was first founded in 1959. Being one of only two limestone quarries in the area, it has been supplying quality aggregate to Essex County & Southwestern Ontario for over 50 years.

The property, a tobacco farm, had been a small quarry back in the 1930’s when some of the stone was used for the original construction of Highway 18. In 1959 Marentette Bros. Construction approached owner Murray Smith about utilizing the land as a quarry once more and Amherst Quarries was born. Amherst Quarry has been under the ownership of Walker Aggregates Inc. since 2012.

Products

This quarry produces granulars, clear stones, screenings, gabion stone, rip rap and armour stone; all of which are ideally suited for your general construction, landscaping or erosion/shoreline protection projects.

Environment

The Amherst Quarry supports the green energy initiative and has successfully supplied both Wind power and Solar powered energy projects in Southwestern Ontario.

Location

Amherst Quarry
667 Simcoe St.
Amherstburg, ON N9V 1N4