McGregor QuarryMcGregor Quarry

History

The McGregor Quarry is located in the historic township of Amherstburg, Ontario.  Being one of only two limestone quarries in the area, the aggregate is consumed through Essex County and neighbouring municipalities.

The quarry was first opened by Allied Chemical in the 70’s and acquired to supply limestone in the production of Synthetic Soda Ash at their nearby processing facility. The quarry was taken over by General Chemical when they purchased Allied Chemical and subsequently purchased by the Smith family, the owners of Amherst Quarries, in 2000.  This quarry has been under the ownership of Walker Aggregatessince 2012.

Products

The quarry deposit is part of the Anderdon formation and the material is extracted to produce a variety of aggregate for the local construction industry. The operation produces a variety of granular products, clear stone, gabion, rip rap and armour stone. The operation prides itself on creating innovative products and has recently started to produce a Calcite Agricultural lime for the local farming industry.

Environment

As a part of Walkers Aggregates, Green Initiative, this location also accepts and recycles concrete and asphalt that is crushed and reused in the local aggregate market. In the near future, the McGregor Quarry will also be accepting inert fill as part of the ongoing rehabilitation of the quarry.

Quarry Location

McGregor Quarry
6781 North Side Road
McGregor, ON N9V 2Y9

Directions

Office Location & Mailing Address

P.O. Box 1010
McGregor, ON N0R 1J0