Walker Brothers Quarries
Walker Brothers Quarries is located on the Niagara Escarpment on the border of Niagara Falls and Thorold. It is our oldest quarry being active and under our ownership since 1887.
The Gasport and Goat Island members of the Lockport formation are being extracted to supply the local asphalt, concrete, and road construction markets.
Limestone products range from large armour stone (5+ tonnes) to Limestone fines. Limestone’s natural beauty and durability make it a popular choice for other markets such as home construction, erosion control, and landscape projects.
This quarry predominately supplies the large demand for local road construction projects with materials that range from 4″ minus gradations down to 1/2″ minus gradations. This location also produces a variety of drainage layer materials from 2″ clear down to 1/4″ clear.
As a part of Walker Industries Green Initiative, this location also recycles concrete and asphalt from local infrastructure reconstruction for the purpose of reuse in the market.
The rehabilitation plan for this property has included the siting of approved landfill cells with the establishment of agricultural fields for the planting of typical farm crops on top of the completed landfill. Other areas will have overburden soils and topsoil materials placed back on site to promote agricultural crops once the aggregate resource has been fully extracted.
Walker Brothers Quarries & Asphalt
2800 Thorold Townline Rd
Niagara Falls, ON L2E 6S4