Grease Trap Service
A grease trap, also known as a grease interceptor, is a passive plumbing control device designed to reduce the amount of fats, oils and greases (FOG) that enter the sanitary sewer collection system. Grease traps work by providing a retention chamber that is designed to slow the drainage flow to permit grease to float, solid material to settle and the “clean” water to exit to the drain/sewer system. Building codes require the installation of grease traps wherever fats, oils and greases could be discharged into the sewer system. Sewer-use bylaws limit the amount of FOG and suspended solids that are permitted to be discharged to the sewer system.
Walker Environmental understands the importance of superior customer service and regularly scheduled grease trap collection and maintenance.
- Regularly scheduled, reliable service helps prevent overflows and blockages
- Sophisticated logistic software to record detailed service reports
- Available 24/7 including flexible time windows and emergency services
- Reduced risk of kitchen disruptions and plumbing emergencies due to back ups
- Odour and pest control
- Stay compliant with municipal bylaws and CSA regulations
- Detailed work order reports with before and after pictures, fat/oil/grease (FOG) levels and required repairs
- Waste Diversion reporting available
- Wireless handheld devices for electronic sign-off
- GPS tracking on trucks
Good for the Environment
- All material is transported to approved processing and recycling facilities
- Processed materials are used in anaerobic digesters to generate renewable biogas energy and a nutrient-rich soil supplement