Niagara Site Information
Acceptable waste includes:
- Household waste, furniture, mattresses
- Appliances; (see special price material for appliances with CFC’s)
- Construction & Demolition materials (Insulation must be bagged)
- Drywall, shingles, PVC and ABS pipe
- Soil, sod, dirt (charged at Household Waste Tipping Fee)
- Recyclables (see list below)
Unacceptable waste includes:
- Household hazardous waste (paint cans, vehicle batteries, etc).
The Niagara Region now has drop-off depots that run year round for household hazardous waste. Please visit www.niagararegion.ca/waste to find a depot near you.
Special Price Material include:
- Appliances with CFC’s - $25/unit
- Concrete/Asphalt (no rebar) - $15/tonne flat rate
- Tree Stumps - $100/tonne
- Clean Wood - $72.28/tonne
- Shingles - $74.99/tonne
- Contractor Leaf and Yard Waste - $72.28/tonne
The Household Waste Tipping Fee is $112.89/tonne, plus HST (minimum $10.00 charge).
This site currently accepts Cash, MasterCard, Visa & Interac.
No Charge Recyclables include:
- Blue and Grey Box Material (newspaper, cardboard, glass, cans, plastics)
- Used vegetable oil (cooking oil)
- Residential leaf & yard waste
- Scrap metal (clean metal only)
- Electronics - Display Devices, Computers, Printers/Peripherials (limit 5 per category)
- Used clothing & articles
- Passenger car and light truck tires without rims (limit of 8 tires per vehicle).
- Batteries (lithium & alkaline) ** Both ends/sides of lithium and button cell batteries and 9-volt batteries must be taped for safety reasons