Waste Transfer Acceptable Materials
Our Norjohn Transfer site is approved to accept non-hazardous solid waste including industrial, commercial and institutional waste generated in the Province of Ontario. Meeting these requirements requires a stringent waste management acceptance policy.
To obtain approval for industrial disposal of waste you must:
- Review the approval procedures
- Complete the corresponding Waste Stream Information Sheet
- Provide copies of Toxicity Characteristic Leaching Procedure (TCLP) analytical results from an CAEAL Accredited Facility if you are required to test your waste (i.e. soils, industrial process waste.)
Waste approval procedures and fillable forms, can be downloaded by clicking on the Approval Information tab on the left hand side.
For residential acceptable waste please see our Waste and Recycling Drop-off Depot section.
Acceptable Industrial Waste
- Construction and Demolition Waste from residential sources
- Household waste, similar to curbside
- Grocery and other food waste
- Roofing waste - non-industrial sources
- Household goods of non-hazardous nature
- Soil from residential areas
Unacceptable Industrial Waste
- Biomedical waste
- Pesticide and Herbicides
- Liquid waste
- Equipment that contains refridgerant
- Hazardous Wastes (paints, oils, thinners)
- Propane Tanks
- Pressurized & gas cylinders